Sunday, July 5, 2009

Off to Dallas!

Well, today was Olivia's big day. Bright and early this morning, she took her first flight by herself to Dallas to spend a two weeks with my sister and her kids. She's flown before, but never alone. She was a bit scared, but I think the excitement took over quickly!

Now, I on the other hand was very nervous! When a minor travels alone, they do require a parent to accompany them to the gate and remain there until the plane takes off. Of course, if they didn't allow me to do that, she wouldn't have gone!

She had strict instructions to call me the minute the plane landed, which of course she did. She was so excited to tell me that once everyone was boarded, the stewardess came to her and told her that the plane was out of balance and they had to move her up to first class! Isn't that hilarious! I'm sure her whole 90 some pounds put the plane off balance! There were also two other kids on the plane, a brother and sister, ages 12 and 13 who were going home to the Dallas area after spending three weeks with their aunt in Ann Arbor. They too were moved with Olivia to first class, and they had a blast. They were served breakfast, fruit and all they wanted to drink. I certainly hope she isn't expecting this to happen on her way home! What a treat.

Anyhow, she brought with her what she was able to as far as her equipment goes to continue her exercises while she's there. She really is doing well.

I'm going to really miss her. It's going to be awfully quiet around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment