Monday, June 28, 2010

We're getting there...

...settled, that is, in our new home.  It's actually starting to feel like a home!

We've been here for a little over a week, and I'd say I'm 75% unpacked, if not a little more.  All the important stuff is unpacked and put away.  The house looks really good.  I love the kitchen and especially the back yard.  The kitchen is huge and really pretty.  The backyard is incredible.  A gorgeous pool, built in BBQ, fire pit, lots of trees, including a peach, plum and fig tree.  In the front yard is a wonderful lemon tree.

The rest of the house is certainly sufficient.  The living room is nice, the master bedroom and bath are a little small, but that's okay.  Olivia has a really big room, which is nice for her. 

We've been busy putting things away, running to the store every day for what we discover we don't have, etc.  It was a very strange feeling having absolutely nothing in the kitchen and having to start from square one.  Everyday I discover something that I need that I don't have.  It's a good thing everything is close by.

This morning we went to the high school and registered Olivia and got all the paperwork we need.  We'll meet with a counselor in August when she will submit her class choices and get everything settled.

I'm keeping my eye open for job opportunites, but am not quite ready to go forward unless something comes along that I just can't risk not going for.  There are a couple of senior living/assisted living facilities very close to our house which I am watching closely.  I want to work close to home and would like to stay in this field.  I miss my old people!

Well, time to put some laundry away and get to sleep.  Bob is up at 4:30 a.m. everyday as he likes to leave before 5:30 to avoid traffic.  He has a 40 mile drive (he's working in Glendale, which is LA) and timing is critical.  The good thing is that most days he's able to leave at 2:30.  In good traffic it's about a 45 minute drive.

I do have to say, I really love it here!  I miss everyone back home....a lot....

No comments:

Post a Comment