Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 4

Four days down, six to go (of therapy that is). It's hard to believe tomorrow is Friday already. Bob will be here on Saturday!

Therapy went well today. It's hard for Olivia to get up in the morning and be there at 7:30, but she's managing! Tomorrow she gets a tiny break. We don't have to be there until 8:00. She gets a whole extra 30 minutes!

Here's a picture of Beth working on de-rotating Olivia, in the prone on knees position (or something like that, I can't remember all these terms). It looks painful, but really, it's not! This is the first time she's been in this position. It can also be done hanging from the bar, which she liked better.


After her morning session we went back to the hotel and stayed there until it was time to go back at 1:00. It was a gloomy, rainy morning. I dropped her off at 1:00 and drove around for a bit. I found a hardware store that was going out of business, so I went in and looked at all the...well...tools! I didn't buy anything, but will take Bob back next week. I think they had some pretty good deals there. I then went to the Goodwill store. It was a nice one! I was there for only a few minutes when Olivia called and told me she had a tummy ache. I went back to the clinic, and she was fine. They had her lay down and she felt better.

When the open gym time was done, we took the girls to The Art Village, and they spent time in the create your own pottery studio. I even did a piece! They had a lot of fun (I did, too) and we are looking forward to getting our creations back next week after their fired. I'll post pictures then. Here's a picture of three of the girls.



When we finished up there, we went to the grocery store and came back to the room and cooked dinner (yes, I brought an electric double burner, a frying pan and cooking utensils)! We had turkey burgers with sauteed onions and Wisconsin Swiss Cheese. They were yummy! We smelled the whole place up! After dinner, Olivia and one of the other girls went swimming for about an hour. I don't know where they got the energy. The other girls mom and myself sat outside on a little patio and talked. It was really nice. They are super nice people from San Antonio, Texas. Everyone here is so nice.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like everything is going well. Poor Olivia, I can't imagine telling Hannah she has to get up at 7:30 during summer...
    prayong all conitnues to go well and Bob has a safe trip getting to you guys!!

    Miss all of you!!

    Desiree

    ReplyDelete